While Thursday’s panels had some pretty epic announcements, Friday’s somehow topped them! From the Eisner Awards to a new trailer for The Walking Dead season three, Comic-Con was on fire yesterday! Without any further delay, here’s the highlights:
- Eisner Award Winners were announced including Mark Waid for Best Writer for his work on Daredevil, Irredeemable, and Incorruptible, Craig Thompson for Best Writer/Artist for his work on Habibi, and Francesco Francavilla for Best Cover Artist for his work on Black Panther, Warlord of Mars, and several other titles. You can see the full list of winners over at Newsarama.
- During the Resident Evil: Retribution panel, Milla Jovovich said there is a definitive ending to the story in Retribution, but hinted that husband Paul W.S. Anderson had an idea for a sixth installment. Oh goodie.
- At the Community panel it was teased that we’ll see Pierce Hawthorne’s mansion, go to an Inspector Spacetime convention, and finally meet Jeff’s dad in season four. It was also confirmed that there will be no Inspector Spacetime spin-off series. I honestly don’t see a parody spin-off of Doctor Who officially working out anyway.
- The first image for Neill Blomkamp’s Elysium was released(above) featuring star Matt Damon. Several plot elements were teased, including the fact that Damon’s character only has five days to live and he’s hunted by a cyborg Sharlto Copley, who was hired by the film’s villain, played by Jodie Foster. Sounds fucking awesome!
- Most of the cast and crew of Firefly reunited for the 10th anniversary of the series, including Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, and series creator Joss Whedon. No, there won’t be anymore episodes. Sorry, fellow Browncoats!
- Fourteen new cast members were announced for season three of HBO’s Game of Thrones. The list is as follows: Clive Russell as Brynden “Blackfish” Tully, Catelyn Stark’s uncle, Tobias Menzies as Edmure Tully, Mackenzie Crook as Orell, Richard Dormer as Beric Dondarrion, Nathalie Emannuel as Missandei, Kerry Ingram as Shireen, Stannis Baratheon’s only child, Tara Fitzgerald as Selyse, Paul Kaye as Thoros of Myr, Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Jojen Reed, Ellie Kendrick as Meera, Kristofer Hivju as Mance Rayder, Philip McGinley as Anguy, and Anton Leeser as Qyburn. The new season is scheduled to premiere March 31, 2013
- AMC premiered an exclusive trailer for season three of The Walking Dead, which you can see above. Some of the upgrades in special effects were elaborated upon, including animatronic zombies! Season three premieres October 14th of this year.